[Twisted-Python] distutils and twisted

Alexandre Fayolle alexandre.fayolle at free.fr
Wed Nov 6 13:22:21 EST 2002

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 12:08:22PM -0500, Steve Waterbury wrote:
> Alexandre Fayolle wrote:

> > This is indeed unfortunate, since I need to install datafiles too...
>
> ... but you don't need to install your Twisted app at the same time as
> Twisted ... in fact, we prefer not to.  Time to learn distutils.  ;^)

I was thinking of cutnpasting the trick you were using to my setup.py,
not installing everything at the same time. IMNSHO, having a module
twisted.python.distutils with a custom setup aware of tml files would be
a nice thing to have for module developers (and I'm a bit surprised that
no such beast exists). I'll hack something, and submit it to the mailing
list if I'm happy enough with it.

--
Alexandre