[Twisted-Python] Question regarding widgets

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Tue Nov 5 20:12:12 EST 2002

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 09:00:13AM +0800, lals;dfjsd wrote:

> >IIRC.  However, I don't understand what you're trying to do here.  If you have
> >Twisted installed in your C:\python22\lib\site-packages (as with setup.py or
> >the .exe installer) then you shouldn't be adding anything to your PYTHONPATH to
> >get 'twisted' to import.
>
> Well following the example for woven, I thought that you needed to add
> to pythonpath where ever you are putting your code for your
> application, as in if I want to put my code in c:\web2\mohan_koteh\
> then i should add this to the pythonpath to get it to work. Isn't it
> so ? I just kept on trying the woven examples but without success
> until i added the directory which i was working on to the pythonpath.
> Maybe I am doing something wrong here but can someone actually tell me
> how it is done ?

He's just pointing out that you shouldn't need to do anything special to
get Twisted itself to import -- the installer/setup.py should've done
that for you (anything in %PYTHONHOME%/Lib/site-packages is
automatically on the python path).

What you need to do with your own application that uses Twisted is a
different question.

-Andrew.