[Twisted-Python] Question regarding widgets

lals;dfjsd twisted_low at contact.com.my
Tue Nov 5 20:00:13 EST 2002

From: Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 03:41:19 -0600 (CST)

>On Tue,  5 Nov 2002 15:54:46 +0800, "lals;dfjsd" <twisted_low at contact.com.my> wrote:
>
>> I am newbie with some background using zope. I am trying to use twisted in a
>> web application that is going to be launched in my office. Problem now is
>> that i cannot get the example to work ( Example ) .....
>
>Can you expound a little more on which example you're talking about?  "the
>example [...] (Example)" is not very specific in a framework as large as
>Twisted.
>
>> Specs :
>
>> 1. os --> windows 98
>> 2. python --> python-2.2.2
>
>It should work, though I would recommend upgrading to a more sane version of
>Windows whenever you've got the chance :-)
>
>> This is my autoexec.bat :
>
>> @SET PYTHONPATH=C:\python22\lib\site-packages\twisted\
>> @SET PYTHONPATH=C:\web2\TWISTEDQUOTES\;C:\WEB2\MOHAN_KOTEH\
>
>@echo %PYTHONPATH%
>
>will probably show you that your PYTHONPATH is
>"C:\web2\TWISTEDQUOTES\;C:\WEB2\MOHAN_KOTEH"; if you want to add things to the
>path rather than reset it entirely, you want it to look like:
>
>    @SET PYTHONPATH=C:\python22\lib\site-packages\twisted\
>    @SET PYTHONPATH=%PYTHONPATH%;C:\web2\TWISTEDQUOTES\;C:\WEB2\MOHAN_KOTEH\
>
>IIRC.  However, I don't understand what you're trying to do here.  If you have
>Twisted installed in your C:\python22\lib\site-packages (as with setup.py or
>the .exe installer) then you shouldn't be adding anything to your PYTHONPATH to
>get 'twisted' to import.

Well following the example for woven, I thought that you needed to add to pythonpath where ever you are putting your code for your application, as in if I want to put my code in c:\web2\mohan_koteh\ then i should add this to the pythonpath to get it to work. Isn't it so ? I just kept on trying the woven examples but without success until i added the directory which i was working on to the pythonpath. Maybe I am doing something wrong here but can someone actually tell me how it is done ?