[Twisted-Python] Version Of IM That Works With Tkinter?

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Nov 5 04:49:22 EST 2002

On Sat, 2 Nov 2002 17:08:14 -0000, "John Abel" <johnfabel at btinternet.com> wrote:

> I was looking to run IM on a Win32 machine, but both scripts, im.py and
> t-im.py, require GTK.  According to the documentation that accompanies
> Twisted, IM should run with Tkinter.  Does anyone have a copy that does?

Unfortunately the older version of IM worked with Tkinter but it does no
longer.  There is a nascent port jython, though, if you're feeling adventurous.

Rumour has it that there is a PyGTK (0.6.x, gtk 1.2.x) port to Windows which
will allow you to run IM just fine... I wish that said rumour would finally end
up archived on this list someplace, but that's all I know :).

When I've got the time to port IM to gtk2 it will be much more straightforward
to get the gtk version running.

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Traveling Sorcerer   |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |