[Twisted-Python] Twisted 0.18.0rc1, Bugs 0.2.0, and Twisted Emacs 0.1.0

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Wed May 29 23:00:05 EDT 2002

I just made a release and posted it to the web site, check out
http://twistedmatrix.com/ for more information.

>From the News section::

----
It's been a while since our last release, so we made up for it by making major
improvements to Twisted, and overhauling PB for Emacs and doing an official
release of it. Also, Twisted Bugs has been updated to work with the latest
changes.

We're going to start doing release candidates (that's what the "rc" stands
for) before major releases from now on, so you don't have to fear the point-oh
releases any more ;) Oh, and be on the lookout for 0.99.0 very soon! Once
that's released we'll be concentrating hard on documentation and testing (ie,
stability) for the coming 1.0 release!
----

Once 0.18.0 proper is released, I'll do a bigger release announcement. But I'd
like to ask everyone working with Twisted to _please_ download and try
0.18.0rc1! There were a lot of changes, and we'd like to make sure everything's
working OK! On the other hand, the core devel team is pretty confident about
this release -- we've made a lot of improvements and we didn't rush (*ahem*)
the release, so it should be OK. :-)

--
                                Chris Armstrong
                         << radix at twistedmatrix.com >>