[Twisted-Python] Issue with factories

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue May 28 17:07:44 EDT 2002

From: Itamar Shtull-Trauring <twisted at itamarst.org>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 19:18:45 +0300

> If you do reactor.listenTCP on a factory, startFactory and stopFactory are
> never called. I therefore suggest that we add methods doStart and doStop to
> protocol.Factory, like so, and have them called in listenTCP/UDP/SSL, and
> remove calls to start/stopFactory from app.Appliecation:

Thanks.  I knew this was a problem but didn't know how to confront it; this
looks like a logical encapsulation, parallel to doRead/doWrite... perhaps
doStart and doStop could also take information about the port being listened on
as an argument.  (doListen/doUnlisten maybe?)

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Travelling Sorcerer  |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |