[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] aaaaargh. the makeidentity test was FAILING, and we never noticed, cause Deferred catches exceptions in errback (this fixes failure, not the Deferred issue)

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed May 15 19:43:54 EDT 2002

From: Andrew Bennetts <andrew-twisted at puzzling.org>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 09:39:10 +1000

> On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 05:08:41PM -0500, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> The timeout problem would be less of an issue if Deferreds had that .timeout
> method I proposed a while back...
>
> ...I guess I should stop whining and just implement it, huh? :)

That might be problematic just in terms of dependencies (it already imports
twisted.internet.task, though it shouldn't...).  reactor.callLater(timeout,
deferred.[err|call]back) seems pretty straightforward to me.

Although, perhaps Deferred ought to be in twisted.internet since it sort of
implicitly depends on the main-loop anyway.

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Travelling Sorcerer  |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |