[Twisted-Python] Reactor issues - ongoing

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Sun May 5 11:57:58 EDT 2002

Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:

> (3. Qt fails some tests, but only because it doesn't have a working
> doIteration method, which I will add ASAP.)

And done. Further investigation shows that since I can easily do doIteration
for QT, it may be better to make it like SelectReactor or PollReactor and get
rid of the simulate() crap, or maybe make it like wxPython so process
running on Win32 works, since it seems to be slower than select() anyway.

For GTK+ there may be APIs for doing so as well (i.e. process events up to X
number of seconds), allowing us to do the same.