[Twisted-Python] Interfaces

Christopher Armstrong carmstro at twistedmatrix.com
Sun May 5 00:40:52 MDT 2002

What's up with defining an interface and not specifying any methods on
it?

from twisted/coil/coil.py:
==
class ICollection(components.Interface):
    """A collection for coil."""
==

Wow! That's so informative! Now how am I supposed to know which methods
I need to define on this class? How do I know what parameters and return
values they need? I guess it doesn't matter, I can just go look at the
code that uses the objects that conform to the interface, right?

PLEASE, if you're going to go to the trouble of defining an interface,
*SPECIFY IT*.

<fume>
--
                                Chris Armstrong