[Twisted-Python] MSN client code preview

Ivo van der Wijk ivo at amaze.nl
Sat Mar 30 04:02:59 MST 2002

On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 02:03:31AM -0600, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> Hi ivo:
>
> I'd like to create a mechanism for making plugins (registered in
> plugins.tml) for twisted.im... it seems like wasted effort to develop an
> MSN-specific client, when we're working on a "universal messaging"
> client ourselves to demo Twisted's capabilities.
>
> I realize that the IM code is not exactly "mature" at this point :-) but
> it does have some design ideas that I'd really like others to adopt;
> such as making a standard, pluggable interface for loading PB clients,
> similar to the way that mktap and coil load PB services.

I'd be definately interested in those ideas - I'm trying to write my code
in a generic way, but due to the nature of MSN, I can't put everything in
a single layer (there are multiple connections involved, that are created
on the fly, etc, and the main connection may change as well)

Do you have any docs on this?

Cheers,

	Ivo

--
Drs. I.R. van der Wijk                              -=-
Brouwersgracht 132                      Amaze Internet Services V.O.F.