[Twisted-Python] Coil refactor more or less done

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Sat Mar 30 04:40:31 EST 2002

Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

> Well, the existing coil code can edit "offline" as well as "online"
> configurations; it just takes an Application object and mutates it.
> Adding some buttons to the interface to save / load the app to a
> particular file should be trivial.

The coil command-line app (bin/coil in CVS) works in "offline" mode.
I do not want buttons for saving and loading - specifying the file
on the command line is more secure, and lets me e.g. setup a coil
on a website so I can give people URLs for demo purposes. And I see
no reason why coil should be continiusly running if it's not
configuring the same Application.