[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] Better collection support for coil.

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Mar 30 03:03:34 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-03-25 at 05:34, itamarst CVS wrote:

> If a configurable class is not collection, coil's web interface will
> check if the Configurator class is a collection, allowing us to have
> Configurators that act as collections.

> A remaining issue is twisted.web.vhost, and other similar cases, where
> both the Configurator and the configurable class should really be
> collections.

IMHO, the way this should work is: check the Configurator first.  It is
the authority on collection-hood, as it were. :-).  If the
*configurator* is not a collection, then check the configurable; this
strikes me as a less likely case... in fact, it seems weird to
introspect on the configurable at all at this point, since it isn't the
configuration component.

Does that make sense?