[Twisted-Python] Coil refactor more or less done

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Mon Mar 25 19:24:30 EST 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 01:46:14PM +0200, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Background: COIL is a configuration system for Twisted, allowing you to
> manage and configure your server via the web, developed by glyph. To test
> it out:
>
> $ mktap coil
> $ twistd -n -f coil.tap
>
> And point your browser at http://localhost:9080

That's so cool! :)

This is going to be great.  I hadn't looked at coil before (I didn't
understand how to use it), but it's going to be really, really handy.

A few small glitches I've found mucking about with it:
  1) You can't delete a manhole service once you create one.
  2) If you create and configure an FTP server, connect to it, and then delete
     it, you can still use the server from the existing connection.  I expect
     that this might be hard to fix, and may even be desirable in most cases
     anyway.
  3) There's no warning if you try to delete or replace the thing on port 9080
     with something else, causing you to think you've broken the configurator
     until you realise you've been an idiot :)

-Andrew.