[Twisted-Python] This seems too good to be true... :-)

Christopher Armstrong carmstro at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Mar 17 21:46:38 EST 2002

On Sun, 2002-03-17 at 21:52, Nils R Grotnes wrote:
> Christopher
[snip..]
> I do have some ideas for coding projects, for example I am wondering if it
> will be possible to rewrite this Pyne email+news client I'm currently using,
> with twisted code and OO-structure. Pyne is written in Python, and have a
> OE/Pegasus look that I think is rather good. Having a GUI interface that
> caters to those of us used to having all messaging components in one application,
> while having the *nix multi-user and modular structure in the background,
> is what I'm aiming at. Though Pyne is good on the surface, the author readily
> admitted that very OO it is not. He also does not update his website or reply
> to emails any more...

This is excellent! A few of us are interested in doing a mail client as
well. ^.^

> But that's for the future, I'm currently just reading and learning.
>
> What I will be doing, is taking notes about nits. As I'm reading webpages
> and documentation, I notice errors that are probably very hard to see once
> the text has been read a few times. Is there some link or address I can send
> such nitlets to? Maybe somewhere on the PoundPython wikiwiki? Maybe I should
> just make one...

Oh, the mailling lists here is absolutely fine. Also, if you want to get
in contact with any of us in real-time, most of the developers hang out
on the #Python and #Twisted channels on the irc.openprojects.net IRC
network. Drop by and have a chat! (or have you already been there, and I
didn't realize you were? ^.^)

--
                                Chris Armstrong
                         << radix at twistedmatrix.com >>