[Twisted-Python] Some Win32 comments

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Sun Mar 17 20:57:34 EST 2002

On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 09:34:05PM -0400, Tyler W. Wilson wrote:
> 3 im (Tk) fails to save config state, if HOME is not set, since the ~
> will return exactly, and this is an invalid filename charcter under
> Win9x. Either split it to check, or put in an error/warning.

Hmm.  It works fine for me on Win2k:

>>> os.path.expanduser('~')
'C:\\Documents and Settings\\AndrewB'

Win98 really isn't meant to be a server OS, and Twisted is largely a library
for writing servers.  On the other hand, the IM is more of an end-user app,
so probably should be more lenient about such things.

You could also try using the Cygwin version of Python, which is more
unix-like.  I'm not sure if it has Tcl/Tk libraries, though...

-Andrew.