[Twisted-Python] Issues with roots.Collections in regards to Coil

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Thu Mar 14 21:25:41 EST 2002

> Right now I only have one minor one -- why is the factory function an
> argument to registerConfigurator, but the configurableClass and
> configName are both attributes of the Configurator?  It seems like they
> should all be one or the other.

Mmmm, well, I think there was some reason I made configurableClass an
attribute - probably so Configurator can check that it is getting the
right types of instances. But that's not important. And you can look at
a Configurator and see what it configures. But if it bothers you a lot
feel free to refactor the API and fix up twisted.coil.plugins.

The factory is optional, and would have to be a class method, and python
doesn't do class methods in a nice way before python 2.2. It could be an
instance method, but that's just icky, it's a factory after all. So the
factory has to be a separare argument to registerConfigurator.