[Twisted-Python] Win32 events main loop

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Mon Mar 4 19:47:42 EST 2002

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 06:37:30PM -0500, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> The next stage, one it's stable and more or less bug free, is probably
> making it more generic, so you can use it with things that aren't
> sockets (e.g. stdin/stdout, pipes, files, etc.) Also integration with

Yeah.  I'm not certain about how to do that, but it should be feasible.

> the win32 GUI event loop win32all exposes, which I think uses the same
> subsystem.

Yeah; that means using MsgWaitForMultipleObjects instead of
WaitForMultipleObjects, basically (and checking for an extra possible return
value...).  I believe more than strictly GUI stuff will require this, in
fact -- I suspect COM will not function properly in a thread that is blocked
in WaitForMultipleObjects, from what I have read.

-Andrew.