[Twisted-Python] representing groups

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Jan 15 00:55:00 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-01-14 at 23:15, Cory Dodt wrote:
> Since this is not really related to ACL's, I've decided to make this a
> separate thread on its own.  I want to know how to represent groups in
> passport.  A group would simply be a group of Identities, but who owns
> them?  Who's responsible for making sure all Identities are in at least
> one group?  How do you check if a particular object is owned by a group?
>
> Or are these questions not solved yet?

I'd love to come up with an abstract representation of a "group" that
made sense across applications, but there are lots of questions about
groups that are quite application-specific.  (For a simple example --
sometimes a group can contain other groups, sometimes it can contain
only users.)  As I said in my last email, I'd recommend putting a Group
object of some sort into your Service, and organizing your Perspectives
with it.  The Identities can then be tracked for which group they're in
in your application because each perspective stores an identity name.

--
______      you are in a maze of twisted little applications, all
|_____|             http://www.twistedmatrix.com/