[Twisted-Python] Changelog

Kevin Turner acapnotic at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Jan 13 15:40:03 EST 2002

On Sun, 2002-01-13 at 12:09, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> The ChangeLog should be a high-level, non-technical overview of what is
> changing, to help users and developers figure out when they need to
> upgrade.

That sounds more like a NEWS file.  And we do keep a "What's new in
%(version)?" section in the README, but we delete it with every release,
which isn't so useful if you skipped a version or two between upgrades.
What brought about the ChangeLog was Itamar wondering "What changed in
the last three days while the commits list was borked?" which isn't a
high-level new-features-only sort of question.  That question could be
answered by asking CVS, but people have their preferences.