[Twisted-Python] Windows issues...

Christopher Armstrong carmstro at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Feb 18 19:36:59 MST 2002

On Mon, 2002-02-18 at 21:15, Benjamin Schollnick wrote:
> on 2/18/02 7:24 PM, Andrew Bennetts at andrew-twisted at puzzling.org wrote:
>
> >> 1) setup.py install    died....It stopped when it couldn't find "CL.EXE",
> >> while building
> >> something in the twisted.spread.cbanana section...
> >
> > CL.EXE is a command line program that comes with MS Visual C++...  setup.py
> > is basically trying to compile a C extension module.  I can send you a
> > binary for that file if you don't have MS VC++ installed, otherwise run
> > VCVARS32.BAT and try again.
>
> No Visual C++....
>
> If you don't mind sending it, I would appreciate it...

cBanana is an optional C implementation of the regular pure-python
banana. You don't need it.  I guess for now you can just hack setup.py
and comment out the section that looks like this:

setup_args['ext_modules'] = [
    Extension("twisted.spread.cBanana",
[extpath("twisted/spread/cBanana.c")]),
    ]

> This really needs to be noted.... I admit, I didn't search around too
> much, but I didn't see anything mentioning that it required a C/C++
> compiler...

It doesn't require one, but apparently the setup scripts barf if you
don't have one.

--
                                Chris Armstrong
                         << radix at twistedmatrix.com >>