[Twisted-Python] perspective introspection

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Mon Feb 11 15:41:35 MST 2002

Sean Riley wrote:

> it isn't possible for clients to do this introspection on their own as they
> only have a RemoteReference to the perspective object. does this create any
> security holes? is a bad idea for any other reason?

Well, I want a general idea of interfaces with defined types for
published objects ("interface Foo := I have a method foo that returns an
integer and accepts two args, an integer and an object implementing
interface Bar"). Basically IDL, when you get down to it :)

Introspection would be part of this, as would auto-generation of docs.