[Twisted-Python] subclassing twisted.web?

Kendall Clark kendall at monkeyfist.com
Mon Feb 11 20:00:30 MST 2002

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 08:34:01PM -0600, Sean Riley muttered something about:
> if you are building a forum-type application, I'd be interested in talking
> about why you think twisted.forum is inappropriate. it was intended that it
> could be used within an existing site, but that extensibility may not be
> apparent (and i know, it has no documentation).

Don't take what I said as a criticism; it's not. It won't work for what I
need but that's a function of my idiosyncratic needs, not the quality of
twisted.forum.

Further, as I said, I'm *also* experimenting with the REST (and ad hoc httpd
server) ideas, so that I want to build the app out of GET, POST, DELETE, and
HEAD HTTP methods. (In other words, I asked a pointed question because I
know what I want to do, but I don't know how to do it with Twisted.)

But I may steal some ideas from the way you deal with data storage.

Thanks.

Kendall Clark