[Twisted-Python] Potential PB Security Problem (And Solution)

Kevin Turner acapnotic at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Feb 16 14:26:47 EST 2002

On Sat, 2002-02-16 at 03:42, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> If you haven't read much PB code, the problem I'm describing might seem
> a trivial concern, but I've found at least two instances of this problem
> "in the wild".

Is there a way to fix this?  My lack of education, that is.  There's
more code within the Twisted repository left more me to read, but IIRC
there are actually very few PB interfaces defined there.  (We have Words
and Manhole and...?)   More pertinant here would be other applications
(from the "wilds") which employ Twisted technology.  Are there any such
0775 codebases I should be aware of?  The accusation has been made that
no one actually *uses* Twisted for anything (not to name names, but he's
Canadian and works in Japan), but assuming that's not the case, maybe we
could beef up the "sites using Twisted" list a little.

> Who would want to replace me with another evil robot?

"Do not trust the Shover-robot, he is malfunctioning,"

 - Kevin

--
The moon is waxing crescent, 14.8% illuminated, 3.7 days old.