[Twisted-Python] [Fwd: Re: [Zope3-dev] Twisted as server]

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Feb 12 11:21:42 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-02-11 at 18:17, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> I'm going to read this in the morning when I'm more awake. Meanwhile
> someone else may be interested. Shane is discussing a mixed async/sync
> mode where threads can write directly to the socket.

[snip massive email]

That was quite a bit of text, if I understand properly -- he was saying
that you ought to be able to do proto.transport.write =
proto.transport.socket.makefile().write, with some additional buffering
trickery for optimization?

(It's this sort of communication that makes me want to avoid words like
"handler" and "dispatcher" in Twisted wherever possible.  I feel bad
already for using "Application" and "Scheduler")

--
"Cannot stand to be one of many -- I'm not what they are."
        -Guster, "Rocketship"