[Twisted-Python] IM: Design ideas

Kevin Turner acapnotic at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Feb 6 00:21:59 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-02-05 at 14:01, Travis B. Hartwell wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 01:46:20PM -0800, Kevin Turner wrote:
> > What I'm thinking is that this layer could be a local, personal Words
> > service.
...]
> If this
> can cache all events and messages for me, it would be great.

Well, of course, there are a few things standing between this concept of
the personal Words server and using it in reality.  One thing is that
nobody's done a Words service to Words service connection yet, whether
it be oriented towards linking several public servers, or using a
personal server as a Words client.

The other is that no, there's no cacheing or spooling done by the Words
service, so you'd have to add that in too.

One question I might ask here is, what is it that you really want to
do?  I currently leave an IRC client running under 'screen' in some
places, but I think that if I had access to full logs of that channel, I
wouldn't need to leave a personal client connected.  Thus the desire for
the stenobot.

What other needs does this Words personal proxy serve?

 - Kevin