[Twisted-Python] woven: one <input> for each ListItem

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Dec 29 11:00:54 MST 2002

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002 04:56:07 +0000, "John Kozak" <jk at xylema.org> wrote:
> Using woven, how do I create an <input/> for each Item in a List?
>
> e.g. suppose I wanted to do something like
>        ... want these replicated

Here you probably want something like

(setMyName is an imaginary view, but I am pretty sure you'll want the input
widget to have a different name based on what the listItem is...)

That will repeat the <td> tag multiple times.  If you wanted to literally
repeat the input tag, then <input listItemOf="aList" view="setMyName" /> would
work.

By the way: you don't need the 'view="List"' attribute on your <table> tag if
the model aList is actually an instance of 'list' -- woven will use appropriate
views for various basic types.

> how would I go about this?  I've tried a few guesses based on the
> examples, but aren't getting anywhere.
>
> thanks
>
> John Kozak

Hope that helps.

--
 |    <`'>    |  Glyph Lefkowitz: Traveling Sorcerer   |
 |   < _/ >   |  Lead Developer,  the Twisted project  |