[Twisted-Python] Letting me (or the list) know about stuff

Moshe Zadka twisted at moshez.org
Sun Dec 22 10:05:21 MST 2002

Dear Twisted Developers,

As you may know, I am the Debian maintainer of Twisted. As you may also
know, the debian packages get built during the normal Twisted build.
Because of that, it often turns out that when the Debian packages Twisted
development machines use internally built, I am not present physically.
In fact, much work has been done to automate this process. However, sometimes
the Debian side of things needs to be managed. For example, new conch scripts
must be moved to the twisted-conch package, so I need to know when new
conch scripts get uploaded. Similarily, if Twisted gains the ability to use
a new external Python module, I need to know about that to properly indicate
that in the control package. Because of that, I request that whenever you
make a change like adding new scripts or adding new toplevel package, or
anything major, please drop either the list or me personally an e-mail about
this so I can respond to it in time. Please *do not* take this to mean you
should fiddle in the debian/ dir: what you should do is *send e-mail* to
*me or the list*.

Thanks in advance,
Your Debian maintainer,
Moshe Zadka

PS
Packages I upload to Debian I always build myself. But even then, some
changes sometimes slip by me.