[Twisted-Python] usage of sessions in twisted.web?

Tommi Virtanen tv-nospam.da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709 at tv.debian.net
Mon Dec 23 07:20:21 EST 2002

On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 11:13:25AM -0600, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> > All in all, I suggest reading ldaptor sources, if you have time and can
> > suppress the vomiting reflex -- there are parts that make me sick, too. But
> > in general it's starting to shape up nicely.
> I just did so.  Ldaptor itself didn't gross me out too much.  However, the
> webui module was... unfortunate :-(.  I notice you're using web.widgets (which
> we have noisily been attempting to deprecate for the last 3 months or so) for
> the UI.  I don't think there's really much of an upgrade path beyond "rewrite
> most of your web UI logic", especially if you want to take advantage of some of
> the new features coming online in woven.

	Oh, I *know*. It's just that the code has existed for ages
	already. I haven't figured out how to rewrite it _easily_
	bit-by-bit, so I may end up having to rewrite the whole and
	then just swapping out the old implementation. Which is
	horrible, as I'd have to work on two versions of it at the
	same time. But maybe this time around I'll figure out how to
	actually test the UI.

--