[Twisted-Python] Mac and Twisted

Keith Zaback krz at confusatron.org
Fri Aug 30 10:33:21 MDT 2002

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 12:14:06PM -0400, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> Bob Piper wrote:
>
> >  I tried to do an install of Twisted on OS X (10.1.5 and 10.2), and ran into
> > compile failures for cReactor (missing sys/poll.h).  Is there a work around
> > for this?
>
> Just don't compile cReactor I guess - comment out the applicable bits in
> setup.py so it doesn't try to compile it. None of the C code in Twisted is
> necessary in order to use it, they're just there for speed.

Is it actually trying to compile the entire extension module, or are you
just seeing the output from the attempt to compile the test program
used to detect sys/poll.h?  Last time I tested it, if sys/poll.h did
not exist it would not build the extension module, but you would see an
compiler error during the sys/poll.h detection.  I couldn't find
anything in distutils to "check for C headers" so if anyone knows of a
better way (than what is currently in setup.py) feel free to change it.
You shouldn't need to comment out certain bits in setup.py.

--
Keith