[Twisted-Python] Persistent/Pipelined HTTP - progress resport

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Sat Apr 13 11:17:08 MDT 2002

1) All tests except for the buffer one (which has to change anyway due
to the nature of the changes) pass without errors.

2) No API changes were made to the twisted.web framework.

3) I was able to view (the error page for a) web widget from lynx.

4) I'm able to use emacs now with enough basic proficiency that I can
work over ssh, although slower than I usually work in my usual setup.
Before this I a hard time working without a GUI, so this is good. I
think I'll try using emacs as default editor from now on. Glyph, I want
that tutorial now :)

Tomorrow I will proceed to write test code, verifying that the
persistence and pipelining is acting correctly. Hopefully the checkin
will be tommorow or monday.

We still don't have full HTTP/1.1 support, of course, and truth be told
persistence isn't required for that. But this should be good for
performance at least (benchmarks tommorow as well).

Anyone know of a test suite for HTTP compliance?