[Twisted-Python] The Twisted registration form

Chris Armstrong carmstro at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Apr 2 12:54:14 MST 2002

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 01:45:53PM -0600, Matt Campbell wrote:
> I see that the RegServer class is a subclass of Form, which is a type
> of widget.  But how does one add this widget to a Web server which
> seems to use primarily static content?  Is the widget instantiated and
> called from a .epy script, or is some other technique used?  Thanks.

It's a pain to deploy Widgets-based apps as of yet. We're planning on
doing something that will allow you to just throw any Resource-defining
modules in a directory and have it show up on your server, but we haven't
figured out exactly how it will work yet.

Right now you either have to be able to instantiate a widget through
telnet or manhole interfaces on an already-running server, or create
your own .tac file that instantiates a web.server.Site with a Widget in it.