[Twisted-Python] HTTP updated

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Apr 14 15:31:13 EDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 05:22:23PM +0300, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> twisted's HTTP now does persistent and pipelined connections in HTTP/1.1
> (HTTP/1.0 is as before, with no support for persistent connections). If you
> set a content-length header, then data is sent as is, otherwise data is
> sent in chunked format.

Itamar is a twisted hero once again!  Yaay!

> Additional tests are probably needed.

> What's left for full HTTP/1.1 support:

> 1. Ability for server to read chunked data.

How hard is this?

> 2. 100 continue status (I wonder if anyone uses it)

I read this section of the RFC; it sounds useless... do you know what is
the intent?

> 3. universal content-range support

Is this necessary for HTTP/1.1?  static.File supports it, I suppose
static.Data should too; but I imagine that most dynamic content pages on
web app sites don't support content-range...

There's probably an unspoken "4. run a website with it for 6 months to
makme sure it's actually stable"... :)

--
______      you are in a maze of twisted little applications, all
|_____|             http://www.twistedmatrix.com/