[Twisted-Python] Yet another coil refactor

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Tue Apr 9 02:25:47 EDT 2002

Michal Wallace wrote:

> You know... A while back, someone posted to the pyunit list
> a tool that would check whether a particular object
> implemented a particular interface. I didn't look at it
> too closely, but you might want to take a look:
>
>  http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/2943/2001/11/0/7131322/

Thanks for the link - I have code for this, I'm sure Zope does, and I'll
take a look at this. The general reason for interfaces in this case was for
documentation, and as a way to group disparate classes that implement the
same external API.

Running any of the these tools requires that the interface class implement
all methods of the API, something I was too lazy to do in some cases. But I
have done it in my code, and it's useful as a verbose test to check you
haven't forgotten to implement a method.