[Twisted-Python] Yet another coil refactor

Michal Wallace sabren at manifestation.com
Mon Apr 8 19:36:45 EDT 2002

On 8 Apr 2002, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

> Twisted is still in a development state right now, and
> __implements__ leaves no way for Twisted to warn you that
> between 0.17.0 and 0.19.2 some very important things
> changed and your code no longer fully conforms to the
> interfaces that you thought it did.  Inheritance does, but
> itamar and others have convinced me that there are
> problems with using inheritance to specify interface
> implementation.

You know... A while back, someone posted to the pyunit list
a tool that would check whether a particular object
implemented a particular interface. I didn't look at it
too closely, but you might want to take a look:

 http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/2943/2001/11/0/7131322/

Cheers,

- Michal   http://www.sabren.net/   sabren at manifestation.com
Give your ideas the perfect home: http://www.cornerhost.com/
 cvs - weblogs - php - linux shell - perl/python/cgi - java