[Twisted-Python] Roxen Community: RFC 3091 Pi Digit Generation Protocol (Informational)

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Sep 28 04:52:02 MDT 2001

On Friday, September 28, 2001, at 05:35 AM, Moshe Zadka wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Itamar Shtull-Trauring <lists at itamarst.org> wrote:
> This isn't a joke.
> I feel that there are significat problems with the protocol/transport
> communication that make implementation of something like this needlessly
> hard. Specifically, I want the protocol to be notified if doWrite() was
> called when the buffer is empty, and for the protocol to notify the
> transport that it always "wants to write".

That's what the Producer mechanism is for.  You can also have your
protocol be your producer, if you want.  What's the problem with that?
Is this just a documentation issue or is there something I'm missing?

--
______      you are in a maze of twisted little applications, all
|_____|             http://www.twistedmatrix.com/