[Twisted-Python] Authorizers

Chris Armstrong carmstro at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Sep 24 11:48:47 MDT 2001

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 07:18:16PM +0200, Moshe Zadka wrote:
> I want "identities" to correspond to "users" and "perspectives"
> to correspond to different top-level directories (you'd have the
> "inbox" perspective, the "saved-messages" perspective, etc.)

While I'm not qualified to answer your main question (although I've wondered
about the same thing myself), I can say that I don't really think your match
of perspectives to mail folders (or directories, whatever) really makes
sense, since there is normally only one Perspective per connection to a
service. There should probably be a "mailbox" perspective, with references
to each mail folder.

BTW, are you actually planning to have a mail-through-PB protocol, for
end-user's clients to use? That would be pretty neat, and we could kill
IMAP. =)

Chris Armstrong  |  carmstro at twistedmatrix.com  |  cjast3 at robert-morris.edu
Web Page: http://purl.org/net/ChrisArmstrong