[Twisted-Python] Release Procedure, Patches and Bugs, oh my!

Itamar Shtull-Trauring lists at itamarst.org
Sun Sep 23 16:54:35 MDT 2001

Moshe Zadka wrote:

> We have about 20 items in the TODO file, we have loads of patches,
> and I have a suspicion we are not reporting bugs well enough
> because it's too frustrating.
>
> I suggest using some kind of bug tracking system. I suggest roundup,
> but please don't fight about this -- anything is better then nothing.

I agree! I'm just not sure how to add CGIs, or I'd add it. Plus it needs
a dbm module, and bsddb3 is *probably* better than python's bsddb (based
off bsddb 1.8), so maybe someone with root should install it
(http://pybsddb.sf.net).

Or we could use SF... But roundup looks prettier, and will probably be
faster. But we need *something*, and we need it soon.

The patches are:
1. DNS resolver used for lookups (moshez)
2. multiple accept() (moshez)
3. New API for adding delayeds and shutdowns (itamar)
4. --python and --plugin for mktap (moshez)

And I have a few local patches and I'm sure other people have too.