[Twisted-Python] Usenix paper on event dispatch mechanisms

Moshe Zadka m at moshez.org
Mon Sep 17 19:57:38 MDT 2001

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> Wow.  I just read that 3 times, and my brain just can't accept that it is
> _good_ for performance.  Thanks for digging it up, itamar!

I've played with it some more, trying to do "Adaptability": raise the
number of maximum accept calls per select on success, lower it on
failure. I'm still playing, but in general it tends to improve results
for medium loads (100 concurrent) while worsening results for heavy
loads (1000 concurrent)
--
The Official Moshe Zadka FAQ: http://moshez.geek
The Official Moshe Zadka FAQ For Dummies: http://moshez.org