[Twisted-Python] Re: +AFs-Twisted-Python+AF0- Re: +AFs-Twisted-commits+AF0- CVS: Twisted/twisted/python otp.py,NONE,1.1

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Sep 6 00:43:55 MDT 2001

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 03:09:35AM +0200, Benjamin Bruheim wrote:

> This is an only excuse since I didn't know of struct. :) Thanks for the tip

To continue the trend of beating on poor Benjamin here, a few comments about
twisted.python.otp... :-)

It seems oddly placed in twisted.python, maybe twisted.protocols would be
better?  I know it's not a wire protocol, but it is an RFC implementation.

It uses the same vocabulary as twisted.python.authenticator, which is hopefully
being obseleted soon (by twisted.internet.passport)  Is that just a
coincidence?  If not, it shouldn't; those classes have nothing to do with each
other, and the parallels are very misleading.  Otherwise, leave the names as
they are, since the other class will be removed soon.

I applaud your effort to do testing, but could you please use the same testing
style as the rest of Twisted, as in the twisted/test directory? :-)  Maybe that
should be in the coding standard...

--