[Twisted-Python] Another tcp.Client question

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Sep 2 05:54:19 MDT 2001

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 10:01:43AM +0200, Benjamin Bruheim wrote:
> Just out of curiousity:
>
> > -        removeReader(self)
> > +        self.stopReading()
>
> That removeReader is _never_ called :) If it were called, the temporary
> DTP-servers in twisted.ftp would be removed every time I called
> loseConnection. And it would generate a NameError (I guess), since
> removeReader resides in main. So, actually this lil' piece of the patch has
> no effect at all. BTW, what's a good way to close a server? That patch of
> code does it, but it is overridden elsewhere.

A quick glance over twisted/protocols/ftp.py indicates to me that nowhere is
loseConnection actually called on a Port.  Where is it supposed to be?  (And
what's up with storing it as DTPLoseConnection?  I never see that being
used...)  On my machine, at least, calling loseConnection on a Port *would*
indeed cause it to blow up :)

--