[Twisted-Python] Authorizers

Moshe Zadka m at moshez.org
Mon Sep 24 11:18:16 MDT 2001

Why is there only one authorizer per application?
I want to have an authorizer which is Factory-specific.
Rational:
Suppose you have a pb-mail toaster (like POP toaster, except users
get e-mail via pb instead of POP). The "identities" for each port
might be different, since they might be for different domains.
I want "identities" to correspond to "users" and "perspectives"
to correspond to different top-level directories (you'd have the
"inbox" perspective, the "saved-messages" perspective, etc.)

I want to be able to have a BrokerFactory-like class which has
its own authorizer. Then, in a similar way that tap.mail works
now, I'll add together with the domains, an authorizer that
knows how to authenticate from a dirdbm and finally finish
the remote-mailbox-management protocol that will kill all others.

--
The Official Moshe Zadka FAQ: http://moshez.geek
The Official Moshe Zadka FAQ For Dummies: http://moshez.org