[Twisted-Python] WebWidgets and Deferreds.

Chris Armstrong carmstro at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Nov 23 20:29:47 MST 2001

On Fri, 2001-11-23 at 19:05, Chris Armstrong wrote:
> On Fri, 2001-11-23 at 16:55, Chris Armstrong wrote:
> > Maybe I'll try implementing this, and send a patch to be looked at.
>
> *sigh*, I'm sure that I'm completely off-track here. Why do I always try
> to rewrite everything I come across that I don't understand? (remember
> explorer, Kevin?) :P

Guess what! I was right! I was completely wrong about the point of
Deferreds! hooray! :-P

So, it seems that the point of Deferreds-in-WebWidgets wasn't just to
"process immediately before writing", but to _let the rest of the
twisted mainloop run while waiting for a Deferred execution_. Blech.
*dorkus*.

Nonetheless, that big huge refactoring is still useful. A lot of code
(not even including the Deferred-support i got rid of) has been shwacked
and replaced by a much simpler system. Now it's time to rewrite the
Deferred code from scratch on top of my new refactorings.

*Dives into Deferred*
--
<radix> yosomono: One of these days, I'm going to actually see what you
do