[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] CVS: Twisted/twisted/internet poll.py,NONE,1.1

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Thu Nov 22 06:27:20 MST 2001

Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

 > I'm confused.  In what way is "adding/removing a reader/writer" not
"registering/unregistering
 > an object"?

Here's one issue - removeWriter is called every time the buffer is epmtied
out. In the lifetime of a connection, the transport keeps on adding and
removing, adding and removing itself as a writer because of this. In
select() this isn't an issue, but in poll() it is, since removing and adding
the writer is an expensive operation (in fact it adds a %33 overhead, in
tests under high loads).

I'll see what I can do to fix the poll()-based implementation, but meanwhile
the select event loop is much faster under high loads.