[Twisted-Python] More on XMLRPC

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted at itamarst.org
Wed Nov 21 02:25:04 MST 2001

Magnus Heino wrote:

> The xmlrpc-implementation in xmlrpc.XMLRPC sets isLeaf to 1, which means
> that that the url wont be traversed, the only thing you can do is to use the
> _getFunction and traverse to the function manually, and return it. The
> useage of _getFunction is provided by overriding render. This means that you
> can't use anything in guard.ResourceGuard to protect your resources.
>
> Override isLeaf in the xmlrpc-class, and the url traversal wil take place,
> but server.Request isn't aware of anything but html, which means that it
> returns html to xmlrpc, which is not what we want. Not good at all... or am
> I wrong?

You don't have to use twisted.web.xmlrpc if you don't want to - you can
create your own class that does whatever you want. If you read the XML-RPC
spec however you'll see that XML-RPC method path is *not* related to the
URL, so you'll just end up doing the same thing I did. Please read the docs,
everything will be clearer:

	http://www.xmlrpc.com/spec