[Twisted-Python] cursors

Tommi Virtanen tv at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Nov 24 08:10:08 EST 2001

Kevin Turner <acapnotic at twistedmatrix.com> writes:

> Someone, either Glyph or Tommi, mentioned that they wanted cursors a
> while back.  "What's that," I asked; then thought "hm.  I could do
> that."  But I didn't.  Only, now I did.  I think.

	The idea was to replace the web.widget Deferreds bookkeeping
	with such a construct. Currently, all widgets to be output
	know their position in the list, and when a Deferred returns
	[deferred2, "foo", deferred3], and later deferred2 return
	["bar", "baz"], deferred3's index is wrong.

	If instead of indexes, the Deferreds had cursors, that
        changed as the list modified, they'd survive.

        Of course, an even bigger rewrite of web.widgets and
        Deferred processing may be wanted.

	Sadly, I have no time to hack on that..

--
tv@{{hq.yok.utu,havoc,gaeshido}.fi,{debian,wanderer}.org,stonesoft.com}
double a,b=4,c;main(){for(;++a<2e6;c-=(b=-b)/a++);printf("%f\n",c);}