[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] CVS: Twisted/twisted/internet poll.py,NONE,1.1

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Nov 21 19:34:26 EST 2001

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 04:51:51PM +0200, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:

> What I learned - the addReader/addWriter/etc. API is far too select()
> oriented. Every other alternative (poll, kqeue, windows event thing) works
> by registering and unregistering objects - correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> So instead of having to emulate a select()-like API, we need a select()
> wrapper that acts like poll(). In other words, addReader and friends must go
> when we refactor the event loop code.

I'm confused.  In what way is "adding/removing a reader/writer" not
"registering/unregistering an object"?

In fact, I chose that API specifically because I didn't think it was like
select().

--
______      you are in a maze of twisted little applications, all
|_____|             http://www.twistedmatrix.com/