[Twisted-Python] ObjectBrowser references

Kevin Turner acapnotic at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Nov 11 18:07:57 EST 2001

I am on the list, ya know.  You don't need to CC me.  :)

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 05:10:46PM -0500, Chris Armstrong wrote
...uh, stuff, and

> I hope this all made sense (especially to Kevin, since I tried hard to
> get him to understand it ;)).

I tried hard to get you to me understand it too!

It was like pulling teeth, but I finally got him to tell me how dividing
the class and dropping the ObjectLink class was a good thing.  Remember
when I said I needed a portable reference to an object, "but not every
object is pb.Referenceable"?  The solution being: wrap the object in a
pb.Referenceable.  Nice.  Simple.  Yay.

> We will also probably have an ExaminerFactory, which returns different
> kinds of ObjectExaminers based on what kind of object you tell it to
> examine (I'm not so sure we'll need ObjectExaminers, but we probably
> will).

"not so sure we'll need ObjectExaminers"?  You meant to write
"not so sure we'll need *different kinds of* ObjectExaminers", right?

Ok, that's all I've got to say to the archive now.  The rest goes to
either IRC or emacs.

--
Kevin Turner <acapnotic at users.sourceforge.net> | OpenPGP encryption welcome here