[Twisted-Python] ingtkernet._conditions

Kevin Turner acapnotic at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Nov 2 19:39:11 MST 2001

In Twisted/twisted/internet/ingtkernet.py revision 1.3:
> _conditions = {
>     gtk.GDK.INPUT_READ: 'Read',
>     gtk.GDK.INPUT_WRITE: 'Write',
>
>     # This is here because SOMETIMES, GTK tells us about this
>     # condition (wtf is 3!?! GDK.INPUT_EXCEPTION is 4!) even though we

These are *bit flags*, so 3 is INPUT_READ & INPUT_WRITE.
I'm not sure what the correct course of action is to take here;
I tried calling both doRead and doWrite, but that only resulted in
brokenness.

>     # don't ask.  I believe this is almost always indicative of a
>     # closed connection.
>     3: 'Read'
>     }

Also relevant in the description of the GDK.INPUT_READ flag:
] the file descriptor has become available for reading. (Or, as is
] standard in Unix, a socket or pipe was closed at the other end; this
] is the case if a subsequent read on the file descriptor returns a
] count of zero.)

--
The moon is waning gibbous, 97.6% illuminated, 16.2 days old.