[Twisted-Python] Another brown paper bug release.

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Tue May 8 23:19:44 MDT 2001

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> This whole incident indicates the need for a better testing procedure; now
> that people actually rely on twistedmatrix.com to do stuff, I think that the
> release process should take a few days in order to ensure that *all* aspects
> of the code are tested.  Proposals for something more formal will be gladly
> accepted :)

Random note: web.Resource and friends and web.Request do not rely on an
internet connection: they rely on a handler which has a .server with some
properties and some other attributes. Creating such a handler is no problem
if we start from FileWrapper, add attributes, and create a server and
attach it to the handler ourselves.

So any *recorded and analysed* bug should be able to quickly become a test
case.

--
"I'll be ex-DPL soon anyway so I'm        |LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
looking for someplace else to grab power."|YODA: No...no... no. Quicker,