[Twisted-Python] mail support

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Fri May 4 09:57:22 MDT 2001

With the latest CVS version, we have passable SMTP/POP3 support.
If you want to use it, here's a short example:

http://moshez.org/mail.tgz

Unpack this in your toplevel TwistedPython directory.
It will create a file bin/mksmtpserver and a directory test.
Run "bin/mksmtpserver test"
And then run the resulting mail.spl
It will have an SMTP server on port 2000 which accepts mails only
for moshez at exmple.com. moshez's password is "moshez", and if you
connect to port 2001 via POP3 (only APOP auth is supported currently)
you will be able to retrieve those messages.
Naturally, this is a rough proof-of-concept currently... ;-)

--
"I'll be ex-DPL soon anyway so I'm        |LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
looking for someplace else to grab power."|YODA: No...no... no. Quicker,